Are you really into Business blogging?
Business blogging is simply when one blogs about a personal or corporate business or make money through blogging.
Many bloggers did not start out to make money online, but as a hobby to share stuff and stories about their lifestyle. However, things are changing around the world and the blogosphere is changing too.
According to Technorati’s State of the Blogosphere data, 2011 saw more bloggers taking their blogs seriously.
Although a large number of bloggers are still hobbyist, many are looking for new ways to monetise their blogs – they are looking out for new business ideas and turning to business blogging.
Pieces of truth
- Many bloggers think once they put a few adverts on their blogs, they can start generating income like professional bloggers.
- Once they add an ebook download to their site, they will become the next ‘Darren Rowse’.
- Comment on big blogs every day and you will get thousands of traffic.
- Write tons of guest posts all around the web and you are made.
- Join a blogging community and bam! You are made.
Why do I call these Pieces of truth?
I call them Pieces of truth because they are all just like pieces of a large cake. You know when you have a large scrumptious yummy cake sitting on the table right in front of you? A cake can have different layers, with different flavours that adds up to very savoury taste. If you take just the icing off the cake, you are definitely missing out on the really thing. I am sure you have had of sugar coating?
- Add different flavours such as vanilla, chocolate or strawberry – if you just take out the strawberry your will miss out on the vanilla taste.
- The cake may be covered with icing or frosting which can be sugar paste, butter cream or something else.
- Tiny pieces of fruits, mints, nuts, candies and vegetables may be included, if you just taste a candy piece, you would have missed the nuts or even the cookies.
While the sugar coating on medical pills hides the bitter taste, the sugar coating of a cake hides the real softness and flavour. Unless you have an all-round taste of that cake, you won’t get the full taste of it.
What should you do to turn your blog into a real business?
- Do a thorough research on business blogging – visit at least 10 professional business blogs.
- The only way you will get to know the secrets of a successful pro blogger is to get a complete book written by one. Read it from the beginning to the end. Don’t stop there, follow every single step and don’t let it gather dust on you PC.
- Learn the trade – yes, I called it a trade because every profession is a trade. Watch internet marketing videos, attend webniars organised by the professionals.
- Come off the lazy ship and jump on board of the hard working blogger ship. Yes, it’s hard work.
- Choose one major product to sell or promote.
- Put all the pieces of truths mentioned above together and draw up your own plan and strategies.
- Be resilient -keep writing and blogging.
- Review and review.
You are likely to struggle when you learn to know, but you will smile when you use what you know to get what you want
Are you moving from fun to business blogging? Share your ideas here.